In the News
ME Speak Design is the brainchild of Eric and Lori Wright. Together they made a decision to celebrate only the most important things in life. Their designs marry Japanese inspired housewares with southern roots.
We were impressed by Eric and Lori’s strong sense of place as they seek and celebrate the inherent beauty of native and found materials. Combining their love of the rustic, rural South with their regard for the intrigue of the Japanese aesthetic, they have created elegant furniture and functional art for the home.
Taigan has teamed up with Southern Living Magazine to bring you the ultimate summer prize of a 10 day roadtrip plus gorgeous Over Under luggage bags available on our site. It’s super easy to enter- all you need to do is fill out this form and your name is entered into the hat! How awesome is that?
“Experience the South like you’ve never experienced it before with the Ultimate Southern Roadtrip—crafted by the editors of Southern Living! We have flown, drove, stayed and played our way through the South and want to share it with you.” –Southern Living Magazine
One lucky winner will receive:
1. A 10 day trip for two to the Southern Living Hotel Collection properties of their choice, throughout the South
2. Includes accommodations to up to three Southern Living Hotel Collection properties
3. $500 transportation allowance
4. $500 food allowance
Once again, all it takes is a quick second to fill out this form. Winner will be announced in early July.
Lola Ehrlich was born in Holland and grew up in Paris, where her parents—an artist and a writer—encouraged her creative side while keeping her out of school. After failing as a ballet dancer, she moved to New York, where she worked as a crafts designer, textile conservator and magazine editor. Lola then opened a shop on Saint Marks Place specializing in one-of-a-kind hats for East Villagers and a few adventurous uptowners. Since then her hats have appeared on covers of magazines ranging from Elle to Vogue Italia and are now sold worldwide in premier retail stores. Lola divides her time between her Bushwick studio and her house in Saint Paul-de-Vence.
Their hats are made with vintage blocks, or new blocks handcrafted by an Italian artisan based in Paris who regards each wooden mold as a unique creation. Each hat is stretched on a block and then steamed and pressed by hand. The same level of attention goes into trims, which are sewn on by hand and adapted to the individual hat.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins on May 4, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on May 4, 2015. Winner will be selected from entries properly submitted during the Sweepstakes Period randomly.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: You may enter the Sweepstakes by tagging three friends on Instagram and including your email address during the Sweepstakes Period. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to receive emails from Taigan.com, which can be unsubscribed to at any time with an unsubscribe link embedded in all emails.
4. MEDIA: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, the winner agrees to have their name published online, or in any media entity, announcing their name as the winner of this Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZE: two Blessings in Disguise necklaces
6. WINNER: The winner will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address provided in the contest entry.
7. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information.
8. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or entrant’s participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction.
Shosh designer, Carol Pratt would describe her aesthetic as being on the masculine side of feminine, a feminine tomboy. She is drawn to lush fabrics with structural properties that hug the body like a mitten as opposed to a glove. Pratt has found success in designing clothing that she would want to wear… clothing that allows a woman to feel powerful, loved, to participate in the community and to show up fully in her best second skin.
We were instantly drawn to the lush fabrics with structural properties that hug the body in a more relaxed fashion. Each and every item in the collection allows the wearer to look and feel her very best. Shosh also helps to reform the way clothing is made by participating in the slow fashion movement. Most of the fabrics are up-cycled, reducing waste by using existing surplus luxury fabric; all of the linens are sourced from responsible growers whose processes meet the standards of ecological sustainability. Finally, each garment is born from a small team of dedicated sewers who live and work in New York City.