Today, we chose our six favorite things that are essential celebration tips for all 4th of July activities. For summer holidays like this one, it’s always best to think ahead in terms of red, white and blue festive clothing, delicious ready-to-serve treats and unique, fun outdoor activities for the whole family – and not just fireworks.
So read below for our six 4th of July essentials and let us know which ones are your favorite –
1. Take your drinks with you. There’s nothing better than sipping on your favorite wine as you watch the fireworks. Grab your Nantucket wine baskets to transport your beverages down to the beach. Oh, and don’t forget the cocktail napkins!
2. Plan the kid’s outfits ahead of time. You won’t be in a panic to find something that festive minutes before the neighborhood picnic. Dress your little ones in Olivia and Owen’s red, white and blue children’s apparel – 100% cotton dresses for the girls or shorts for the boys, sprinkled with little stars.
3. Enjoy something sweet! Nye’s Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect grab-and-go treat. The tart key lime is a certainly summer staple.
4. Wear comfortable shoes. Try the American flag needlepoint loafers, the stars and stripes ballet flats from By Paige or IRO’s red and white high-top sneakers for him. Festive footwear— check.
5. Have food sent to your door. Don’t let your guests get hungry. With Callie’s Biscuits Blender including all seven varieties of their signature melt in your mouth biscuits, fiery hand mixed pimento cheeses, and all of the other delicious foods your guests will want – arsenal bacon, sausage, dark roast whole bean coffee, peach basil jam, honey, cocktail pecans, stone ground grits and for the bar, Jack Rudy Tonic and Fat & Juicy Bloody Mary mix.
6. Start a new tradition. Spice up the 4th of July bike parade on a custom made skateboard from Salemtown Board Co. The Patriot is handcrafted with bright red wheels and ombre blue stripes.
This short list is surely not everything we have to offer to make your 4th of July celebration special, but these are our 2013 must-haves! You have exactly a week to get everything together so get to shopping.
PS. All these items make great gifts too!